INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA’s Nylon Intermediates Plant in Victoria, TX is hiring for a Construction Coordinator. This position will work with cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is responsible for coordinating construction of capital and expense projects, supporting asset management, and managing onsite construction. We are looking for someone who can manage contractors in various phases of projects in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations. The culture at this site is one of integrity and humility, where innovation and creativity are encouraged and expected.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate and support the Victoria Project Engineering department in sustaining and improving our EHS process/culture
- Demonstrate Market Based Management Theory and Practice
- Become proficient in Site Specific Procedures as required to implement safe practices.
- Support Scope and Develop construction cost estimate development for capital and expense projects
- Effectively communicate construction progress, status, and field changes to the Project Engineering Department and Cost Control team.
- Support project teams during Front End Loading to develop and evaluate alternative solutions, methods, and opportunities.
- Provide constructability reviews for all design packages prior to construction release.
- Ensure all contractors approach each project with safety and compliance as highest priority
- Serve as coordinator for construction of capital and expense project field activity
- Develop & manage construction schedules required for capital shutdowns
- Coordinate project efforts between operations, contractors, and Turnaround Team
- Execute projects to minimize disruption to operations
- Monitor construction and ensure adherence to scope, specifications, and quality
- Plan, schedule, manage, and implement small expense projects when needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+years related experience involving construction coordination in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and coordinating contractors
- Experience managing projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management, and problem-solving
- Experience in constructability reviews, scheduling and estimating
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Construction Supervision and Field Design work in a refinery or petrochemical environment predominantly piping and mechanical
- Experience with other disciplines (electrical, instrumentation, civil/structural)
- 15+ years’ work experience in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Knowledge of engineering deliverables/processes for executing construction
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf