Operating Engineer 2nd Class
This job posting is no longer active.
Operating Engineer 2nd Class $50.42 - $53.72/hr
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Flexible Benefits Package and Competitive Pension Plan
INVISTA has invested significantly in the Kingston Manufacturing Site recently completing projects in power cogeneration, energy efficiency, and automation. Come join the Power Services Operation as a 2nd Class Operating Engineer as we continue to transform.
The Power Services Operation manages the provision of services for building and process heating, compressed air, water and electrical power to the Kingston Manufacturing Site. Equipment and facilities are located across the site and include pumps, compressors, chillers, treatment facilities, boilers and a cogeneration unit.
Want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
- Operate, maintain and improve equipment to supply uninterrupted services such as compressed air, water, water inlet and discharge treatment, chilled water, steam, inert gas, hot oil system (DP:DPO) and electricity to the Kingston site.
- Work in conjunction with other engineers and plant operations to monitor and control key services variables including rates, pressures and temperatures. Individual and team troubleshooting and problem solving are an integral part of this assignment.
- Responsibilities include adherence to area standard practices and operating procedures, procurement, measurement and transfer of chemicals, documentation and record keeping.
- Work in a respectful manner in a team environment
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Currently possess a 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing, chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment
- Demonstrated ability to use necessary computer and process control tools in a control room environment
- Ability to work a twelve-hour rotating shift, modified twelve-hour shift, or eight-hour days, on a rotational basis, and as required for training and development purposes
- Ability to work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Past work experience demonstrating strong personal commitment to work safely with an ability to adhere to standard practices and procedures
- Demonstrated work performance that is consistent with a team environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation to identify resources to resolve problems
- Established experience in utilizing discretionary time to complete value adding work
- Demonstrated interest in mechanical equipment, control systems and major energy transformations
- Related maintenance experience and/or certification in one or more of the following trades: instrumentation technician, electrician, gas fitter, pipe fitter or industrial mechanic
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- There is a requirement to work from heights, work in confined spaces, work in areas of elevated temperatures or outside in inclement weather, and wear breathing apparatus and respirators.
Why Work for INVISTA?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Ability to contribute to a shared vision of innovation while conserving resources
- $50.42 /hr plus shift premiums paid during evenings, nights and Sundays, in addition to hourly rates above (an additional $3.30 per hour for Shift Engineers)
- Flexible benefits package
- Competitive pension plan
- Performance bonus program with possibility to earn and additional 2,4,8 or 12% on every hour worked
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Additional floating holidays
- Education Assistance Program for enhanced job-related training
How to apply:
Picture yourself at INVISTA and submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage
This job posting is no longer active.