Accounting Manager (Hybrid Schedule)
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
About The Role
INVISTA is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Wichita, KS Accounting Team as part our CFO organization. As an Accounting Supervisor, you will interact with capabilities across the organization so interpersonal and communication skills are essential to building mutually beneficial partnerships. A successful candidate for this role will also have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a desire and ability to create value for the organization.
Position will be based in Wichita, KS, with a hybrid work environment (in office/work from home).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the accounting team for intermediates businesses (Nylon Chemicals) with responsibility for inventory and margin
- Develop and foster partnership with operations and business teams to deliver analytical insights that support business strategies and profitable decision making
- Seek and share knowledge, both internally and externally, to implement transformative best practices
- Ensure an effective financial control environment
- Coach and develop team in business processes as well as Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Experience in a role(s) that required a well-developed understanding of fiduciary accounting concepts including GAAP, the general ledger, the period close process, internal controls, and financial statements
- Leadership or Supervisory Experience (i.e. coaching/mentoring/leading a project team/developing talent)
- Experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and applying a decision-making framework for presentation to key stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA, CPA or other professional certification
- Experience with margin/income statement reporting and analysis
- Inventory experience (accounting, raw materials, valuation, counts, audit, etc.)
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP, integrated system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL)
- Project implementation and/or management experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com