Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) operates critical infrastructure at facilities across North America and is part of Koch Industries, a global leader in several industrial markets. We produce a diverse range of fuels and products that are essential to everyday life.
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a contribution minded Senior Accountant to join our Financial Reporting team in Wichita, KS to support GAAP/Tax accounting reporting requirements for our business, capabilities, and KII management!
Our Benefits Package includes:
• Hybrid/Flexible work schedule
•401K automatic Contribution along with competitive match
•Medical, Dental and Vision health plans
•Onsite office dining and walking paths, both inside and outside
•3 weeks’ vacation
•Career growth opportunities across Koch Companies!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provisions and financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Support audits and external reporting requirements
- Build Preferred Partnerships with key individuals within our businesses and supporting capabilities through regular interactions
- Discover and apply new technology and processes to transform how value is created throughout the team
- Drive economic and critical thinking capability within the financial reporting function
- Effectively communicate and visualize financial results on a quarterly/annual basis for leadership to drive profitable action
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in accounting, financial reporting, tax accounting or financial analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (Eg: spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, formula creation, etc.) and/or Access/Alteryx (Eg. data mining, query writing, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing unstructured data projects with multiple sources of input
- Professional designation in accounting or audit (CPA, CIA, CMA)
- Experience with data analytics tools (Power BI, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf