Mechanical Project Engineer
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Mechanical Project Engineer opportunity at the Wauna Mill located in Clatskanie, Oregon. This role will support the engineering team in the implementation of projects and provide technical expertise to support the mill operations.
The Wauna Mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and private label brands. The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and city living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away, while the Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens provides climbing opportunities and Mt. Hood, and Mt. Rainier are home to several world class ski resorts.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Manage the safe execution of all project activities
· Develop and execute continuous improvement projects to optimize operations
· Leading the RCA/RCFAs (Root Cause Analysis/Root Cause Failure Analysis) process to eliminate poorly performing assets
· Coordinate activities to deliver projects as defined in the scope of work, including: design, scheduling, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities
· Ensuring completed projects meet Georgia-Pacific’s requirements and all applicable codes
· Review and installation of non-like-in-kind equipment replacements with adherence to Georgia-Pacific engineering standards
· Support major mill outage activities
· Utilize economic thinking when evaluating alternatives, equipment, vendors, and contractors
· Work effectively, both independently and in team environments
· Strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills
The Experience You Will Bring
· One (1) or more years of project engineering/management work experience
· One (1) or more years work experience in or supporting a production, manufacturing, or industrial facility
· One (1) or more years of experience managing vendor, contractor and employee communications and relationships
· Experience using Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
· Experience using AutoCAD or other drafting/modeling software
What Will Put You Ahead
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical
· Five (5) or more years of project engineering work experience
· Five (5) or more years of construction management experience
· Five (5) or more years of maintenance experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf