This job posting is no longer active.
Our Molex facility in Caldwell, Idaho is seeking a Optical/Fiber Optics Scientist/Engineer. This individual will be apart of the development team tasked with developing complex fiber optic assemblies and products for various applications. This role requires extensive knowledge of optics and fiber optics to develop fiber assemblies and sensors for use in a multitude of applications including and not limited to Astronomy, biomedical instrumentation, communications, digital projection, industrial laser, medical, spectroscopy, 1D & 2D arrays and sensors. The successful candidate will be able to work in a team as well as individually and complete projects on time
About Molex, A Koch Company: We are global team of innovators who design and create solutions for businesses where data, technology and the complex electronic solutions that harness them are being transformed by rapid change. We are part of a team around the globe working to improve life's essential products like food, clothing, water, transportation and technology.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Hands-on development of new products based on optical fibers
- Interface with sales to understand and determine customer needs and requirements.
- Develop individual project plans.
- Be project leader – responsible for progress of project, keeping on schedule, setting meeting cadence, running meetings, maintaining documentation, and tracking action items
- Understanding Key physical phenomena, which influence fiber and fiber assembly performance both through experimental and theoretical analysis. Collecting and analyzing experimental data.
- Working closely with a small engineering team of engineers to identify root causes of the interdisciplinary problems and to generate creative engineering solutions.
- Documenting optical design and modification, test methodology, component specifications, and manufacturing procedure.
- Specify and perform process and product validations as appropriate for medical products.
- Working closely with the manufacturing team to transfer prototype R&D design and assembly process to manufacturing
- Troubleshoot issues in manufacturing
- Communicate project objectives to all team members
- Lead and mentor junior staff
- Write white papers and customer support documents.
- Provide support to sales and marketing.
- Attend tradeshows
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years or more experience in optical/fiber optic product development or design
- Bachelors Degree of higher
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Optics, Fibers optics or related discipline
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.