Manager, CCS NPD Sourcing
Molex is seeking a Procurement professional to manage our New product development (NPD) Sourcing for the Consumer & Commercial Solutions (CCS) division, to enhance sourcing capability and increase competitiveness of new products, to promote cross-functional collaboration and foster a culture of innovation providing value to the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Molex BU design teams throughout PDP (Product Development process) to provide competitive proposals and value creation to business units.
- New product supplier identification, sourcing, selection and contracting for the CCS division
- Bring Design to Value (Manufacturing, Quality, Cost, etc.) viewpoint to Product design team
- Conduct should-cost and make vs. buy analyses to support sourcing decision
- Aggressively negotiate terms as required and in accordance with internal policies
- Negotiate legal terms under the guidance of the internal legal support team
- Proactive supply risk management in the new product development process
- Monitor sourcing and procurement innovation trends in the marketplace
- Improve NPD Sourcing processes and efficiencies by partnering with BU, Op & Procurement teams.
- Apply appropriate category strategies (Metals, Plastics, Electronics, and Outsourcing etc.) to new product sourcing needs
- Build up mutual benefit between molex Business and External partners, create and sustain a virtuous circle
- Deploy NPD Sourcing Key deliverables:
- Architectural cost: BOM & CAPEX to meet Targets & Business objectives
- Design for supply chain: Focusing on risk Assessment and mitigation
- Design for procurement: to steer Preferred supplier compliance & Sourcing strategy in NPD
- Cycle time for product development and launch to meet sourcing deliverables deadlines
- This job is tactical as well as strategic, technical as well as commercial, in particular:
- Leading new product development from sourcing and achieving successful launch
- Growing both internal capabilities of NPD sourcing team and external capabilities of critical suppliers
- Providing product team with expertise in Technical, Costing and supplier networking, as well as leadership from sourcing in making PDP efficient and transformational.
- Partnering with BU in expanding pipeline of critical product, with Procurement in enhancing supplier base,
- Promoting MBM (Market Based Management) culture and Molex branding in the long run.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical (Electronics, Mechanical etc.,) or business area of study
- 10+ years’ experience in New Products Development Sourcing or Engineering
- Experience in the Procurement function focused on direct spend
- Global Manufacturing experience from start to end Hands-on manager with an in-depth knowledge of procurement process & product development
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive accountability
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels within the organization as well as deliver oral presentations on moderately complex subject matter
- Demonstrated experience driving cross functional collaboration across business units and geographies
- Proficiency in Business English and Mandarin essential to work with business counterparts in China
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ experience in EMS and/ or automotive industry
- Previous background in Engineering, Finance, Project Management, and/or Business Management
- Experience of new product development or sourcing on BMS (Battery Management System) or similarly complex product is a big plus.
- Good supplier networking that enables quickly identifying and on-boarding external capabilities.
- Process knowledge and costing awareness, of molding, stamping, plating, machining, PCB and assy etc.,