Sr. Financial Analyst (Remote/Hybrid)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Production Central team. Our team is responsible for supporting our Containerboard and Cellulose facilities across the country. The facilities are located in 8 different states predominantly in the southeast. This opportunity may be performed remotely by a candidate located in the CST or EST zones, or can office from a supported GP location. Travel to GP HQ in Atlanta, GA may be required for training and onboarding - in addition to, any inherent travel requirements of the role, which supports multiple locations predominantly in the southeast.
The Senior Analyst role is a key business support function for the facilities and the central team. The role creates value for the business by supplying expertise in economic and critical thinking in order to make sound business decisions. Success in this role requires: effectively applying financial models; performing valuation analysis and marginal analyses of competing opportunities; identifying new opportunities, and determining key variables that impact business performance. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work remotely, both autonomously and in a team setting, and also possess a high degree of flexibility, creativity and resourcefulness.
As part of the Production Central team, this role will serve as a subject matter expert in productivity metrics and provide direct business support and partnering to mill leadership. In addition, as part of the Cellulose and Containerboard mills’ analytical team, this role works collaboratively with its peers to identify and capture value across all the Containerboard and Cellulose mills.
This role offers the opportunity to gain an excellent knowledge of the key drivers of success in our business and provides the opportunity to learn from all levels of management in one of the largest private companies in America. The knowledge and experience provided by this position provides an excellent platform for future career growth within the company.
The Georgia-Pacific Cellulose business includes four world-class wood pulp mills and one cotton linter facility. Our production assets produce specialty and fluff pulp that is delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end uses and converting technologies. Our fibers are found in products that people around the world use everyday life, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, feminine products, filters, and towels. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages in our ability to do so is our employees.
The Georgia-Pacific Containerboard business includes five world class facilities that make GP the largest supplier of containerboard to the independent box market. We offer a variety of grades of performance linerboard and corrugating medium, as well as white top linerboard products. Our containerboard is sustainably produced in the U.S. at one of our five strategically located mills. Our products are manufactured using recycled and virgin fiber, and our mills have chain of custody and fiber sourcing certifications from recognized third-party groups, including the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) and Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC®). Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. – the largest privately held company in the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop value added production analysis that drives profitable business decisions
- Develop business partnership with customers in area of responsibility
- Develop facility production and process downtime analysis
- Development and quantification of actionable insights – based upon production and process downtime analysis or evaluation of current as well as proposed business strategies
- Utilize detailed financial models to quantify the value of product innovations, capital, and direct material substitutions across a range of business outcomes (sensitivity analyses)
- Actively engage with facility leadership regarding the economic and strategic implications of key business decisions
- Embrace your role and execute responsibilities independently, within the appropriate decision rights framework
- Advance the Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- Career experience in a financial analysis, accounting, cost accounting, or related role
- Demonstrated understanding of economic principles and marginal analysis
- Collaboration mindset that seeks to build working relationships and bridge gaps between partners
- Experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and developing a point a view
- Ability to communicate and present financial concepts to various audiences in person and via audio and video formats; you are comfortable being seen and heard
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Intermediate or higher MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing accounting environment is preferred
- Experience with marginal and incremental cost/profit analysis techniques
- Experience with financial analysis, financial planning, and financial modeling
- Experience with sensitivity analysis and financial analysis for capital spending programs
- Solid understanding of integrated financial systems, complex accounting systems and database structure
- Experience with Tableau or similar analysis and data visualization tools
- Experience with MES (manufacturing execution systems)
- Demonstrated ability to remain accountable, deliver results, and excel in a home-based, remote work environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what may apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdfBachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field