Lead Product Design Engineer
Supercomputers. Smartphones. Self-driving cars. You’ll find our innovation inside the technology that’s transforming our world and improving lives. We’re a team of 50,000 people in over 40 countries, united in our values and beliefs and part of Koch Industries - one of the world’s largest privately held businesses - giving you access to opportunities across a diverse set of companies, markets and geographies. Every day we strive to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value for the company, our customers and society. Get ready for new challenges and new experiences.
Due to increasing growth opportunities, Molex has identified the need for a Lead Product Design Engineer to join the European organization out of Bievres , who will manage a group of Product Design Engineers, sets priorities and instructions to ensure the developments are meeting customer satisfaction on Quality/Cost/Timing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promotes and provides technical expertise in front of customers and supports Molex by interacting with customer engineers and project leaders in ways that result in successful new product opportunities and increased revenues.
- Builds successful engineering contacts and working relationships with technical key areas of the customer that establishes Molex as a technical leader in the areas outlined by management directives and strategic initiative planning.
- Participates at standards meetings and industry initiatives where directed in support of new large volume product opportunities.
- Assists the Sales force and customers by providing information related to samples, cross-references, presentation materials, technical support, part drawings, product specification, delivery dates, and quality or other as required.
- Interface between business development group, internal departments (design hub, manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) and customer to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice.
- Enable the team to deeply analyze the customer requirements and guide the design of solutions to effective meet those requirements in a timely manner. Focus on and drive cost effective product solutions with emphasis on design for manufacturability. Where the objective is to meet performance and cost targets according to Time to Market objectives.
- Makes sure that group members follow all product development steps during quotation phase for assigned projects and actively participate during all other product development steps of the hub as project team members. Keeps well informed on technical aspects of all new products (Molex and competition) and other information that would be of interest for Molex or customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related technical engineering degree
- Proven experience in connector related design
- Proven experience as a group or team leader
- Strong 3D CAD background
- Project management skills, leadership and management skills
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal in English (German is an added value)
- Good technical writing and presentation skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
- experience in product design and development in the automotive connector industry
- versatile personality capable of working in fast paced environment with frequent priority changes
- strong customer interaction experience
- knowledge of connectors, modules, and harness related manufacturing methods and techniques