This job posting is no longer active.
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for a broad spectrum of industries, Eco-Tec a Koch Separation Solutions company is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies. Eco-Tec is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec is looking for a Chemical Technician in our Pickering, ON location. In this role you will be responsible for supporting an original equipment manufacturing company by conducting everything from laboratory analyses, bench top tests to pilot plant studies as well as field tests mainly focusing on ion exchange, but with potential work with membranes, and other chemical processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform quality control analyses on new stock items.
- Prepare chemical reagents using prescribed methods or calculating requirements for composition.
- Assist with pilot plant studies, including project planning input, setup, sampling, analyses and programming pilot unit controllers.
- Conduct field work studies for starting up and training customers on pilot plant equipment.
- Test, analyze, and document test results and findings in a clear and detailed manner, including completion of electronic experimental logs.
- Complete mass balances on test work as required.
- Assess problem situations and productively evaluate techniques and methods and offer solutions.
- Prepare written reports suitable for internal and external distribution.
- Perform routine and in-depth analytical, lab and pilot equipment maintenance, including calibrations, to ensure equipment reliability.
- Use prescribed analytical techniques and optimize as required to quantify required components, and develop new analytical techniques as required by the business.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform other related duties as required by manager.
- Work independently as well as a contributing member of a collaborative team.
- Adhere to all plant health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to two kilometers per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one hour.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection).
- Able to visually observe lab tests and discriminate subtle colour differences to include detecting colour changes in red/green hues.
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lb) and be able to stand for extended periods as required.
- Travel up to 30%, mainly international.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Chemical technician/technologist diploma at community college.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Willingness to work in an industrial plant setting.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally on short notice.
- Valid passport that allows you to travel to the US currently and for at least a period of the next 12 months. Legally eligible to enter the US.
- Valid driver’s license.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1+ years post graduate relevant industrial experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and operating analytical lab instruments and lab and pilot equipment.
- Experience with ion exchange.
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers.
Eco-Tec is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.
This job posting is no longer active.