Project Cost Estimator
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA is seeking a Senior Project Cost Estimator to join our Corporate Project Controls team. This role is able to be based out of our Centerville, DE office or our Houston, TX office. INVISTA’s corporate Project Controls capability provides global services to our manufacturing sites, supporting operations and capital projects.
This role has a flexible workday schedule with a blended office/remote working model.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Preparation and development of FEL 1, FEL 2 and FEL3 estimates per INVISTA’s Estimating Procedures to support INVISTA Front End Loading (FEL) processes.
- Prepare conceptual estimates in Kbase and supplement with Kbase volume metric models along with detailed quantities to develop a complete TIC cost estimate.
- Estimate multiple disciplines using a strong background in mechanical and piping.
- Understand power distribution and controls systems and how they relate to new and revamp work.
- Utilize strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Plan, coordinate, and review cost estimates ensuring projects are set up for success to meet estimates in line with scope and proactively communicate with project management any potential risks and suggested mitigation strategies to correct.
- Carry out post closure project audits to gather actual data versus estimate so that ratios and trends can be kept current for internal and external benchmarking. This would include supporting the development of an internal return database.
- Prepare and Lead estimate reviews with INVISTA Leadership and project teams
- Quickly build rapport and establish strong networks with internal customers through collaboration and effective communications-become a trusted partner
- Potential direct supervision of estimators
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Cost Estimating with at least 2+ years of that experience preparing/supporting large capital project estimates within the petrochemical or chemical industries
- Experience estimating multiple disciplines with a strong background in mechanical and piping.
- Experience with providing estimates on large capital projects ranging from $5 – 500MM+
- Proficient with ACCE- Aspen Capital Cost Estimator.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills in Excel (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros & pivot tables etc.), and PowerPoint (change slide layout, applying new presentation design and inserting images etc.).
- Availability to travel domestic/international up to 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years’ experience in Project Cost Estimating with at least 5+ years of that experience preparing/supporting large capital project estimates within the petrochemical or chemical industries
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience using SAP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf