Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a global organization comprised of multiple business platforms which support Integrated Projects and Services, Engineered Equipment, and Digital & Analytics delivering engineered solutions to industrial value chains. We are focused on discerning the challenges our customers face, understanding their future vision, and providing continued value through reliable, proven, integrated technologies and services.
KES is seeking a Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development. The successful candidate will possess the capability, risk profile and enthusiasm to drive profitable growth, a willingness to challenge the status quo and a proven ability to act as a constructive change agent across multiple business lines. This individual will be an intrinsic self-starter and principled entrepreneur with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute creative strategies and solutions. S/he will be a trusted thought partner to KES business leaders demonstrating a collaborative approach to business strategy, growth and portfolio management. S/he will quickly become a valued member of the KES leadership team, delivering strong strategic and economic thinking that profitably transforms the results and increases the long-term value of the business. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
This is a key role within the KES leadership team based in our Wichita, KS HQ.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Translate KES’s vision and growth aspirations into actionable strategies.
- Lead the KES Business Development team to develop investment theses, originate, screen, and underwrite compelling acquisition, investment, or organic growth opportunities. Growth opportunities include bolt-on opportunities that fit existing businesses, extending KES offerings to new verticals and geographies, and step-out acquisitions or investments that might serve as the foundation for new platforms that fit the KES vision.
- Oversee KES Business Development team in performing industry research, competitive analysis, and develop proprietary and actionable point-of-view and strategies supporting potential investments or acquisitions.
- Package and present opportunities to all levels of Koch leadership for challenge and approval.
- Oversee and guide transaction structuring, negotiation and diligence efforts associated with potential acquisitions or investments.
- Create proprietary deal access and position KES as the acquirer of choice by developing strong relationships with an ever-growing roster of target company founders and owners, and investment banking, private equity, and venture capital entities.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders including working with colleagues across KES and the respective Koch companies and capabilities.
- Develop conviction in actionable points-of-view by engaging external knowledge sources, including industry leaders, experts, and emerging technology companies to gather and provide feedback on market trends and dynamics.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 8 years' experience leading a business unit or capability
- Previous experience in financial and economic decision making for an organization
- Experience leading and influencing through change initiatives or business transformation
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience leading corporate business development and/or acquisitions
- P&L ownership experience
- Experience working across a broad range of technologies and industries within KES key markets including, Robotics and Automation, Electricity Generation and Distribution, Food & Beverage, Pharma/BioPharma, Refining, Petrochemical, Renewables
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf