John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. JZHC is part of Koch Engineered Solutions, which is owned by Koch Industries, the largest privately held company in the U.S.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical support of Process Burners and retrofit projects in the refining and petrochemical sectors. This technical support encompasses working with sales, drafting, manufacturing, R&D, and service teams internally and working directly with our customers to improve their equipment. This role will require a candidate with excellent customer focus, verbal and written communication skills and great computer skills to interact with a variety of team members. This platform will also provide the candidate with the independence to apply creativity and innovation for value creation, business growth and personal development. This role is located in Tulsa, OK.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for addressing technical questions with a focus on customers in the refining and petrochemical sectors. Review customer inquiry packages for process, technical, and commercial requirements
- You will need to apply engineering concepts to solve problems involving combustion, materials, manufacturing, product/service development, and troubleshooting. Prepare detailed technical / commercial proposals
- Review drawings daily to determine correct fit up and function, as well as review associated manufacturing processes.
- You are expected to build strong connections with equipment users through addressing their needs, training them on proper use of the equipment, and implementation of new technology.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent discipline, or 5+ years of experience in combustion related field
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Ability to read and understand drawings/blueprints.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years of experience in combustion related field
- Experience in refining or petrochemical fields
- Process burner and heater experience.
- Thermal Oxidizer experience, Flare design experience, Boiler burner experience
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (specifically: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a typical office environment. Must be able to wear PPE for shop location and field visits, including steel toe boots, safety glasses, NOMEX or other fire protective clothing. Must be able to travel on short notice up to 30% of your time with potentially extended stays in remote locations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf