This job posting is no longer active.
Guardian Glass is seeking an engineering intern in Kingsburg, CA!
Who are Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com.
The entry-level Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Intern will support a 24/7 industrial process facility melting raw materials into architectural glass. The team operates and maintains thousands of pieces of equipment including utility systems, automation, hot and cold processing, and material handling equipment. In this hands-on role, you will get to see the results of your work.
Our interns will work an 8 AM to 5 PM shift. Starting hourly for this internship is $20 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Under the close supervision of various Engineering team members, the Engineering Intern will accomplish the following tasks as assigned:
- Perform specified engineering tasks in support of the Reliability and Maintenance team
- Perform engineering calculations for basic mechanical and simple structural systems
- Perform all tasks with high consideration of safety, compliance, and risk
- Facilitate and participate in troubleshooting efforts
- Design simple tools, fixtures, and processes to ensure quality and repeatability in maintenance tasks
- Manage simple projects or elements of projects as a member of a Project Management Team
- Communicate results of your work process in drawings, writing, and verbal formats
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work in cold, hot, loud, and dirty environments
- Perform occasional lifting, standing, climbing stairs or ladders
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated progress toward a college degree in a STEM field
What Will Put You Ahead
- A hands-on mechanical background
- A demonstrated desire to get involved and learn about the task at hand
- Experience working in a customer-service oriented environment
- Experience working in a 24/7 production environment
- Experience with mechanical tools and troubleshooting principles
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, heat transfer, and mechanical systems
- Experience with electrical, network, and control systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.