Pulp Mill Manager
***This position has a $20,000 Sign On Bonus & Includes Relocation Assistance***
Georgia-Pacific Monticello LLC is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader in the areas of Pulp Mill, Causticizing, and Woodyard Operations. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for leading daily operations, providing direction in operations excellence performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, reliability, cost, productivity, yield, organizational effectiveness, and strategic planning.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading the departments to achieve a safety & environmental incident free workplace by identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Managing and directing the work process for the high yield pulping, causticizing plant and woodyard operations
- Providing leadership consistent with our MBM® guiding principles to facilitate the development of oneself and the salaried & hourly department personnel to improve operational performance of the department and facility
- Continuously evaluating & identifying constraints to eliminate quality & production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability & yield to improve our relative competitive position
- Optimizing and coordinating plans for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, maintenance & capital projects
- Providing daily support & technical expertise to area operators & maintenance personnel
- Managing multiple priorities & tasks effectively
- Providing strategic & tactical thinking and decision making
- Effectively provide written & verbal communication throughout all levels of the organization
- Proactively innovative with a high sense of urgency, disciplined, accountable, proven good judgment & decision making, economic & critical thinking skills, and effective problem solving
- Maintaining high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction
The Experience You Will Bring
- Four years or more of previous work experience working in the Pulp & Paper manufacturing industry
- Two years or more of supervisory experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and problem-solving ability; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Paper Science
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience in high yield pulping & causticizing plant
- Experience supervising an operating department
- Experience working within Process Safety Management covered processes
- Basic process control knowledge/experience
- Experience with product stewardship and quality systems
- Experience with Microsoft project, CMMS, and PI
The successful candidate will be provided a $20,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf