This job posting is no longer active.
Join INVISTA as a Reliability Technician/Millwright where you'll be responsible for equipment repairs, development of repair scopes and improvements to increase equipment availability. We'll lean on you to support various rotating and fixed equipment in the Precision Shop. As well, provide precision maintenance support to maintain equipment in a chemical plant environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop detailed scopes for rotating machinery repairs, ensure SAP notifications are generated and drive management of change process to maintain equipment for reliable operation.
- Drive rotating equipment improvements in collaboration with reliability engineers, maintenance mechanics, and operators. Initiate and drive MOCs to adequately document and manage the associated risk with the improvements.
- Review and update equipment reliability strategies. Implement strategies in SAP using preventative maintenance plans.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis methodology to evaluate equipment failures and identify failure mechanisms/root causes to develop actions that will prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide QA/QC at vendor shops to ensure repair/new fabrication is aligned with provided scope of work, design package, and code requirements.
- Replaces bearings, packing in pumps and valves, shaft seals, sleeves, seats, and other miscellaneous parts used in plant equipment.
- Work with shift mechanics to develop capabilities and teach proper use of tools and maintenance procedures.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of mechanical aptitude skills and adequate industrial mechanical maintenance experience in the repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of related chemical plant, refinery or machine shop equipment including inspection and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, fabricating and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment and general industrial maintenance activities.
- Ability to follow, interpret and act on written and verbal job instructions, and reports, technical manuals, and data.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as micrometers and precision instruments
- Ability to calculate measurements used to repair and maintain chemical plant equipment.
- Machine Shop and Chemical Plant environment
- Chemical Plant Environment-Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions.
- Work around large rotating equipment and energized electrical equipment in high noise areas.
- Must be prepared to work irregular or rotating shifts and respond to emergency callout.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required i.e., steel-toed boots, respirators, goggles, safety glasses etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating Lathes, mills, vertical boring machines, horizontal boring machines, and balance machines.
- Ability to operate oxygen and acetylene torches.
- Ability to set up rigging for removal and installation of various plant equipment.
- Ability to self-plan work orders and order the proper materials for job completion.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.