PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Process Control Engineer to support the Palatka Retail Tissue Product Stream within our Mill located in Palatka, FL. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 900 people and has three tissue paper machines and two Kraft paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle® as well as specialty Kraft grades.
A successful candidate will enjoy utilizing engineering expertise to solve problems and improve the reliability and functionality of existing control systems and instrumentation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the facility's control systems are operating safely, reliably, efficiently
- Providing troubleshooting and support of the daily manufacturing operation
- Providing guidance to manufacturing operations on selection and implementation of process control technologies and strategies
- Designing, programming, modifying, and maintaining the mill’s control systems
- Pursuing engineering solutions to resolve equipment deficiencies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- 2 or more years of professional experience working with DCS and PLC based systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within a Pulp and Paper operation
- 5 or more years of professional experience working with DCS and PLC based control systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
- Experience with Honeywell TDC and Experion or Foxboro
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf