Senior Natural Gas Scheduler
Koch Energy Solutions is seeking a Senior Natural Gas Scheduler. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals with innovative ideas; an intense desire to learn, improve and grow; and a strong sense of community. Our Market Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded.
The position is ideally based in the Houston, TX office and the successful candidate for this role will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute and manage nominations, confirmations, imbalances and other related activities related to the purchase and sale of natural gas on various natural gas pipelines, including activity on pipeline websites and KES’ internal accounting system
- Gain and apply a thorough understanding of transportation contracts and nominate the movement of natural gas appropriately based upon contract entitlements, receipt and delivery points, and capacity avoiding an overrun or other unforeseen incremental transportation charges
- Track and interpret pipeline curtailments, maintenance, and other operational issues to aide in the efficiency of transporting natural gas. Communicate with pipeline representatives as needed and advise the trading group on potential impacts and alternative solutions
- Advise and assist the trading team regarding the optimal use of transportation and storage assets
- Communicate and collaborate daily with suppliers, customers, and the trading team regarding physical positions and the daily movement of natural gas
- Monitor and advise on pipeline capacity release opportunities
- Help ensure positions in KES’ accounting and operational system balance and reconcile to actual activity. Assist accounting with invoice reconciliation
- Be a key team member in helping develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, pipelines, and suppliers
- Be an example and willing to train junior schedulers on all aspects of scheduling – nominations, weekend on-call comma, ETRM balancing, etc.
- Lead the communication with respect to gas flows to trading
- Set weekly on-call schedule for operations team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five plus years of Natural Gas scheduling experience
- Experience in the West and/or Texas
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Natural Gas Scheduling or within the Energy industry
- Experience with an ETRM system (Ex: OpenLink Endur, etc.)
Position is not eligible for sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf