Georgia-Pacific’s Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) organization is responsible for the strategic category management, sourcing and procurement of the critical supplies and materials that support 140+ locations across the US. The SS&P organization is currently undergoing an exciting transformation where we are partnering with our business partners and leveraging best practices to build internal capabilities that uniquely position the team to improve decision making capabilities and capture significant savings and efficiency opportunities. It is an exciting time to be part of a growing team and at the center of the transformation to help mold the future state of the SS&P organization!
SS&P is seeking a Category Leader to optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) across various spend categories. This role will be responsible for developing the category strategy and managing key drivers of the category spend, including setting the contract and pricing strategy, cost reduction initiatives, and demand plan. The Category Leader will also provide priorities to all capability partners to achieve the category strategy and manage execution, directly as well as through their team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Set & communicate category vision and strategy to maximize value
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective supply markets, competitors and product innovations; understand competitive landscape to identify threats/opportunities; leverage insights to drive strategy
- Apply category management knowledge processes to all spend categories, including should-cost analysis
- Frame up category opportunities using economic thinking with supporting financials; identify and size new TCO opportunities, prioritize and execute initiatives aligned with cross-functional teams that drive maximum value
- Own and track category spend, suppliers, savings, and category strategy adherence
- Manage any price changes consistent with the category contract strategy
- Plan and execute effective negotiation processes with suppliers
- Own category supplier management – including supplier pioneering & development, dispute management/resolution, supplier performance management; identify supplier risk areas and quantify risk exposure within category portfolio and execute risk mitigation actions
- Own category customer relationship management – including GP operations and business partnerships, lead category cross-functional teams, and support cross-Koch company stakeholder development and alignment
- Drive transformation & change management – Facilitate implementation of change initiatives within category to improve business performance
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in managing total cost of ownership (TCO) and/or P&L ownership across multiple spend and/or product categories
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing best-practice market processes re: category strategies/points-of-view (POV’s), competitive bidding/benchmarking, and should-cost/price-setting analyses
- Experience leading cross functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to travel at least 25%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering
- Advanced Degree or MBA
- Category Management experience in MRO, Mill Services, Direct Materials, Chemicals, or Capital equipment and service
- Experience analyzing procurement/category spend data to form meaningful insights and aid effective business decision making
- Proven track record in delivering year-over-year cost savings and driving cost reduction and transformational change projects
- Program Management experience, either in leading or driving Program Management Office (PMO) activities or transformational change projects in Sourcing & Procurement
- Prior P&L responsibilities
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf