Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC has immediate openings for Industrial Mechanics for various locations within the U.S.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the marketplace because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do''. There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique market-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identify and properly install trays, packing, grid, feed pipe, distributors, collectors, various column pressure internals under limited supervision
- Possess basic Process Safety Management knowledge and Hazardous Communication skills.
- Able to identify exchanger components such as straight tube, U bend, fixed head bundles. Channel head, dollar plate, bell head, floating head, ect.
- Identify hand and power tools and their purposes
- Ability to identify and use all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work
The Experience You Will Bring
- 6 Months or more of Industry experience
- Previous experience in gas and oil field construction.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the U.S
- Must be willing and able to meet all Company and Customer project entry requirements including training, background check, and drug test.
- Must have current TWIC Card or ability to obtain one if required.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of industrial plant experience in blinding, opening, cleaning, and repair of operating pressure vessels such as towers, reactors, drums, exchangers, heaters and/ or installing mass transfer equipment (trays, packing, distributors, collectors, etc.)
- Previous experience installing equipment related to process internals such as valve trays, bubble cap trays, mist eliminators, structured packing, reactor internals, random packing, distributors, collectors of mass transfer equipment.
- Ability to properly use an oxy-acetylene torch
- Ability to operate arc gauger
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and can utilize them to identify and properly install process internals
- Basic Plus Orientation
- Confined Space Training
- Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment certificate(s)
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces (18-36 inches in diameter) and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Pre-employment physicals exams may be required per client guidelines. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
Work Environment Requirements
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, fumes, sparks, vibrations, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies, and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf