Engineer, Signal Integrity
- Provide signal integrity design support for new and/or existing interconnect solutions.
- Develop new or advanced technologies in signal integrity design support capabilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform characterization of high-speed connectors and systems through the use of high-speed digital testing and electromagnetic modelling techniques.
- Develop empirical and analytical electrical test procedures and specifications.
- Develop and implement test fixtures.
- Design characterization test boards and customer verification boards; work with PCB design houses.
- Perform empirical and analytical testing based on available design input requirements.
- Generate evaluation and qualification reports or presentation materials for both internal and customer use.
- Provide expert advice to Marketing, Sales and/or customers on signal integrity related matters.
- Be up-to-date with industry trend on high speed connector requirements and disseminate / share information among team members.
- Working with customers on various high-speed serial I/O, Back plane, Board-to-Board and Channel applications.
- Manage the Signal Integrity Laboratory’s operation and maintenance.
- Provide technical guidance on Signal Integrity to Product Design Engineering, Marketing and Sales personnel or others as required.
- Prepare and conduct technical presentations to Sales, Marketing and/or Customers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 yrs of related working experience for a degree holder.
- In depth understanding of electromagnetics.
- Demonstrated ability in information analysis problem solving, sound judgment, and leadership.
- Good verbal and written skills for exchange of information in a clear and concise manner.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronics or Bachelor of Science (Physics).
- Designing and supporting high speed electrical interconnects.
- Experience with available CAD/CAE tools such as Channel Designer, HFSS, CST, FDTD tools, MoM tools, Sigrity PowerSI, PAKSI-E, Power-grid, Agilent ADS, Agilent PLTS, Cadence CAD tools.
- Experience correlating simulation results with lab measurements using oscilloscopes, TDRs and VNAs is essential. Capability of scripting/automating the analysis flow with point tool.