Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC has immediate openings for Pipefitters for various client sites within the U.S.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, piping, specialty welding, furnace, and mass transfer equipment services to the energy, refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Principle-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance, and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel, piping, welding, furnace, and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the marketplace because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do." There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique principle-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Read isometric drawings, take measurements, fabricate and install piping efficiently and without errors.
- Basic knowledge of P&ID's, ISO’s, orthographic drawings, and other piping related drawings.
- Must be able bevel pipe by hand or with a beveling machine.
- General knowledge of flange isolations including blinding, opening, modification, and repair of piping systems.
- Able to position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products to prepare for welding.
- Possess skilled knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc. as required.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications by welding and threading joints without errors.
- Manually handling and securely applying rigging equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment including: beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, oxygen acetylene/map gas torches, magnetic drills, Saw-Zall, and air-arc gouging.
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates must also be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional examinations, such as a pre-employment physical, hearing, and/or vision test may be required per client guidelines.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., unassisted.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
·Must have at least 2-3 years of journeyman pipefitter experience or trade certification.
·Able to read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, ISO's, P&ID's and can utilize them to identify and properly install associated piping.
·Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
·Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
·Must be willing and able to meet all Company and Customer project entry requirements including training, background check, and drug test.
·Must be able to meet all physical and work environment requirements.
• Must have current TWIC Card or ability to obtain one if required.
What Will Put You Ahead
·Previous experience in a heavy industrial construction environment.
• Strong knowledge of P&IDs, ISOs, and orthographic drawings. (Move to put ahead)
·Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training.
·Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf