DevOps Systems Engineer, Smart Buildings (Remote)
This job posting is no longer active.
Molex has an opportunity for engineers with skills and talents to apply their technical expertise to the deployment of a digital building in software and hardware. The DevOps Systems Engineer role requires strong engineering and IT background to allow them to create cutting edge solutions at customer projects. This is a multidisciplinary role and candidates will need to rely on a wide array of engineering, IT, and project management skills. The role will be heavily involved with the sale and deployment of enterprise software solutions by giving technical guidance and establishing yourself as an expert/trusted advisor. Seeing that the system is installed and configured properly and following through with thorough documentation is pivotal. In addition to the customer facing responsibilities, this role will be involved with internal teams to help in the development and improvement of the software and products in a variety of ways.
You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers that include software, firmware, electrical, and mechanical engineers who create smart building solutions. As part of the system engineering team, you will be key member of the team who decides features and roadmap for the solutions being developed and will work throughout the project cycle to ensure all system components work as designed.
This role is open to candidates working 100% remote with a strong preference to be based in the Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a DevOps Systems Engineer, you will be part of the solution from proposal through completion. Your responsibility will include project planning, design, and implementation of projects of various sizes and complexities. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in the development efforts where needed. You will be responsible for deployment of enterprise software, the commissioning of the system as well as creation of documentation and training materials to bring up customers and partners such as system integrators so they themselves can commission the system effectively. Expected travel is about 35% of the time dependent on current conditions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Deploy Network solutions using skills in the following:
- IP network communication, ARP, DHCP, IGMP, VLAN, Layer 2/3, Routing, UDP, TCP, SSH, RDP, HTTP, MQTT, CoAP, JSON, YAML, Windows, Linux, Virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible Playbooks, MongoDB Command line interfaces, PoE, UPoE, PoE++
- Troubleshooting containerization of enterprise software in a Linux environment.
- Create and implement customer projects based on established practices.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and standards.
- Familiar with hardware troubleshooting techniques for devices running on microcontrollers.
- Work on ways to optimize system performance to reduce cost and meet budgets.
- Build test rigs, mockups, and proof of concepts of different system components and explore new possibilities.
- Provide technical expertise in sales presentations product demonstrations
- Perform training to customer personnel at customer locations
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders in the creation of proposals and quotations
- Debug, troubleshooting and support of system issues internally in the lab as well as at customer site.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working in IT field, Electronics or Software Development
- In-depth, hands-on experience with system administration of networks, virtualization, and Linux
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience successfully communicating and building and maintaining relationships with customers, designers, and engineers
- Must be willing to travel 35% and able to work off hours when necessary
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience designing, deploying, and administering a Kubernetes cluster
- Background in IoT deployments and building networks
- Working knowledge of TCP-IP, UDP, CoAP, RS485 or similar communication protocols
- Experience supporting enterprise software with enterprise level security practices
- Knowledge and certification about Cisco and other network vendors (CCNA certification)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $ 85,000-$130,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.