This job posting is no longer active.
At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. Delivering the many products and technologies we make takes a lot of hard work by some incredibly talented employees. And we're looking for Data Scientists to help us create new solutions for life’s biggest needs, including those with strong backgrounds in Machine learning, python, and project development. The ideal candidate is someone who has technical experience leveraging data and technology to optimize current solutions and to create new capabilities. The Data Scientist is primarily responsible for developing models and related tools that create value for our customers and business partners.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Quantify model accuracy over baseline for a specific subset of people
- Quantify the potential value of a new data set for future models
- Analyze a data science customer question and explain the answer to a non-technical team member
- Devise and implement an automated approach to a repeatable process in collaboration with the entire advanced analytics capability including data engineering and cloud teams.
- Determine when more data is required after training an experimental model and validating its performance
- Mentoring other team members
- Working with SME to develop & optimize algorithms
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or other STEM related degree
- 3+ years of experience writing R, Python, or similar scripting language for data analysis
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence with caret, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar framework
- Theoretical understanding of the algorithms behind real-world machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, software engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or a similar technical field. Those with a non-technical advanced degree but extensive technical experience is also encouraged to apply.
- Experience identifying and communicating actionable insights using data
- Experience with automated data pipelines for data collection or standardization
- Experience with many different data structures and database styles
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud-based platform, Linux, git, containers, and command line basics
- Familiarity with plotly, seaborn, shap, or similar library
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.