~~~$10,000 Sign On Bonus~~~
~~~Eligible for Relocation Assistance~~~
The successful candidate will be provided a $10,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager at our Alabama River Cellulose Operation in Perdue Hill, Alabama. The Facility Environmental Manager creates long term value by ensuring risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. This is accomplished by providing environmental leadership and strategic direction for the facility through the application of the Market Based Management (MBM®) business philosophy and adherence to our Guiding Principles.
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the facility’s environmental compliance programs and management systems. This position will lead a team of professionals and work closely with environmental professionals across the organization to leverage best practices and knowledge to drive the highest value for the company. The role will also help ensure that the site conforms to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Performance Standards.
The Facility Environmental Manager must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills, and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and strategic direction consistent with our Stewardship & Compliance Principle to achieve our Vision
- Provide guidance and training to develop environmental team members
- Develop and maintain an evergreen point of view of environmental risks, priorities, key issues, and strategic plans
- Ensure that an Environmental Management System (EMS) is in place consistent with GP expectations and GP’s Performance Standards
- Fulfil regulatory compliance obligations in a disciplined manner that leverages technology enablers, common processes, and best practices from across the enterprise
- Systematically drive the environmental program to be more resilient, effective, consistent, verifiable, and efficient (structured and principled vs rule based)
- Build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and their impact on environmental performance that allows you to enable our operations teams to meet their environmental obligations
- Managing wastewater, mill water, and drinking water systems, mill environmental laboratory and technical services while meeting all regulatory requirements and optimizing the costs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or Pulp and Paper Science
- Five (5) or more years of environmental compliance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience leading projects, people, and/or teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing environmental obligations in a heavy industrial setting
- Pulp and Paper process knowledge or manufacturing experience
- Experience conducting facility audits or inspections to identify improvement areas
- Experience managing industrial wastewater treatment facilities
- Experience analyzing process or environmental data trends
GP Cellulose is a leading producer of high-quality fluff pulps, meeting the needs of the personal hygiene industry and disposable absorbent products manufacturers around the globe. We create real, long-term value in our business by anticipating our customers’ needs and working with them closely to help them achieve their business goals. Our Global Technical Service team is an important part of the company’s commitment to delivering real value to our customers. For more information about GP Cellulose, please visit http://www.gpcellulose.com.
With a workforce of approximately 420, the Alabama River Cellulose Mill is a nonunion facility situated in Perdue Hill, AL less just 15 miles from Monroeville, AL and less than 100 miles north of Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com