Senior Solutions Architect (Remote)
Flint Hills Resources (a Koch Industries company) is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our Architecture team. A Solutions Architect engages with our IT and business teams to drive solution design for the organizations transformation initiatives and ensure that architecture best practices as part of design. You must show a proven ability to manage complex requirements while understanding the appropriate risk profile of a project to determine the correct solution. Daily challenges will arise that require more soft skill expertise than technical expertise – meaning, you cannot rely on technical aptitude alone to be successful. You must realize and show the ability to understand the business direction, objectives, and parties involved to get to the best outcome. A candidate who is a self-starter and looks to be proactive will be a great fit for this opportunity.
This role is open to remote candidates located in the Central Standard Time Zone to align with standard Flint Hills Resources working hours.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with Product teams to recommend technology solutions for business transformation then lead the technical solutioning process to build the detailed blueprint for how technology will solve the problem.
- Considers the enterprise picture as part of solution design to produce architectural blueprints consistent with IT technical vision and strategy
- Leverage expertise in multiple technical domains as part of solutioning process (Software Engineering, Security, Networking, Cloud Infrastructure, etc)
- Lead the development and alignment of architecture strategies across the organization
- Identify and experiment with solutions to solve problems new to the organization
- Provide prototypes and review code to drive decreased project execution time
- Execute on initiatives as appropriate, not just a “Box Drawing” role
- We anticipate some occasional travel for this role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience communicating technology in both execution detail and broad concepts to various audiences
- Demonstrated capability partnering with customers to understand business and operating model in order to develop proposals for technical solutions
- 7+ years’ experience in Information Technology
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and tools (Lambda, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Redshift and S3)
- Experience with modern cloud-based platforms and tools(AWS, Microsoft, Google, SaaS vendors)
- Experience with analytical concepts (Data lakes, Graph Database Technology, Data Warehousing)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate, Google Cloud Run, AKS)
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, processes and tools (CI/CD, Lean, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with multiple development languages, including Node.JS, Typescript, Python, React, C# , and/or other Object-Oriented languages
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com