Power & Recovery Assistant Manager
***This Position has a $15,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance***
Georgia Pacific is currently recruiting a Power & Recovery Assistant Manager for the Perry, Florida Cellulose facility. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of two gas fire powered boilers, two bark fire powered boilers, three black liquor recovery boilers, evaporators, liquor making, two electrical power generation turbines, mill water, waste water, compressed air, and feedwater systems.
This position will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, shift supervisors and the leadership team to improve efficiency and lower operating cost. The role reports to the Utilities Business Unit Leader and coordinates closely with reliability/maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and effective spending.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership through the application of Market Based Management® to achieve superior results
- Facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Work with front line supervisors to coach and develop employees
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and support the effective use of procedures in order to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance and capital projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- Experience working in utilities (i.e. power, recovery, evaporators turbines etc.)
- Experience developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five or more years of experience with power and/or recovery processes
- Three or more years of leadership experience
- Experience working in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
About the Foley Mill
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Cellulose and Packaging Business, check out the links below:
Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! You also are within a short driving distance of several beautiful sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and can venture out to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
The successful candidate will be provided a $15,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf