John Zink is now hiring for an Applications Engineer in Tulsa, Oklahoma to help clients develop solutions to challenging environmental problems. As part of the Thermal Oxidizer team, the selected individual would be working closely with highly technical customers to provide custom-designed combustion solutions that allow our clients to reduce their pollutant emissions and be better stewards of our shared environment. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, technically strong, has excellent communication skills, can develop and present value propositions, and who is able to influence key decision makers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilize personal knowledge and creativity to leverage the vast expertise across John Zink And Koch Engineered Solution’s global team to develop Unique, Value-Added Solutions for our clients
- Own the client relationship and proposal generation process from initial client contact through order acceptance
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, Lead the development of the technical design and commercial proposal that communicates the value of our proposed solution
- Engage with customers in person, and virtually, to optimize the proposed solution to meet varying customer specific needs, establishing yourself as the client’s trusted advisor
- Work with the equipment execution team to ensure an accurate turnover package and that the equipment is built in compliance with customer specifications and expectations
- 1+ years of post-academic work experience in engineering, sales, system/process design, or applications engineering or experience within an "engineered to order" manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- The ability to safely work with customers at their global manufacturing facilities
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and ability to multi-task with multiple concurrent project
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of combustion-related applications engineering or process design
- 5+ years of Applications Engineering, technical sales, or business development experience in the Petrochemical, Refining or specialty chemical industries
- 2+ years of experience working with global customer base
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or an MBA
- Professional Engineering license (P.E.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf