Embedded Software Developer
At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
As a member of the Integration team, you will be responsible for creating new solutions for our customers by producing modular, re-usable, highly performant components that target our innovative run-time environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of embedded development in C language and a solid understanding of both Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and bare-metal firmware design, development and deployment principles and best practices.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing embedded systems for customer-facing features and Molex’s Industrial Automation 4.0 platform.
- Design and develop high quality, maintainable and testable code
- Developing system designs for customer applications
- Work closely with system architects to ensure conformity to target architecture
- Participating in peer reviews
- Interact and work closely with other teams, integrating released components needed to satisfy customer requirements
- Maintaining code integrity
- Practicing an entrepreneurial, customer focused, innovative, and forward-looking culture.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong programming experience in C/C++ (preference for C)
- Experience with RTOS process/task design and a solid understanding of scheduling, resource sharing and hardware interfacing concepts
- Hands-on experience with one of the following: QNX, VxWorks, Windows Embedded/IoT or RTLinux
- Experience with bare-metal deployments, preferably on ARM architectures
- Fundamental understanding and development experience with major processor architectures (ARM, x86, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
- Experienced in integrating 3rd party software within complex systems
- Deep knowledge and experience with design patterns, methodologies, and best practices (modularity, portability, scalability)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent communication and team building skills
If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQs at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.