INVISTA is continually looking to create long term value by embracing new technology and transforming how work is accomplished and we are looking for candidates with high motivation and drive to join our Operations team. These roles are permanent roles and the candidates will be directly employed by INVISTA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As part of the Gloucester Operations team, you will be responsible for the safe operation and optimisation of equipment and plant in the manufacture of Nylon-6,6 fibre for the industrial fibres markets. This opportunity has the potential to provide long term job satisfaction and progression within a growing business with ambitious targets. The manufacturing facility operates continuously 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and this is a shift based role working 12 hour shifts: 2 days, 2 nights, followed by 4 days off.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operate and maintain plant to meet production plan at required quality and yield efficiencies.
- Accurate recording of operating conditions and optimisation of the plant to meet production plan and maximising yields.
- Complete and maintain area/equipment cleaning and checking procedures to high standards as illustrated in standard operating procedure.
- Identify areas for improvement and implementing these improvements including updating documentation.
- Ensure all activities undertaken comply with EHS and operating standards.
What You Will Bring
- Proficient in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage work autonomously and deal with changing priorities.
- High value for compliance, safety and environment.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop knowledge and skills.
- IT skills – Use of Microsoft Office: Excel and Word, along with the ability to use systems to accurately record and analyse data.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing or Operating experience, ideally within a regulated or quality critical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in using process control software e.g. IP21, OSPI, SEEQ.
- Experience in robotics and automation.
Our compensation philosophy has an individualized approach, and we compensate each individual based on the contribution they make to the organization (through a mix of base pay, and other variable compensation schemes). The starting salary for this role is £23,755 per annum plus a £6,000 per annum shift allowance.
In addition you will receive a competitive holiday allowance, a defined contribution based pension scheme, private medical cover, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Life Assurance.