Capital Project Mechanical Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is hiring for a Capital Project Mechanical Engineer in Victoria, Tx. This position will support cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position influence project planning, design development, and execution, scheduling, cost estimates, and scopes of work development. Projects generally range in size from $250K to $5MM.
We are seeking an individual who can provide mechanical engineering support to multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, proactively remove roadblocks, to keep teams progressing forward.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support and potentially lead multiple capital/expense improvement projects using a phased approach that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders. This can include supporting other INVISTA Gulf Coast locations requiring up to 10% travel
- Effectively manage costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Hold a solid belief in safety, regulatory compliance, and personal integrity and accountability
- Exhibit troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Develop comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering standards, procurement, and construction.
- Utilize knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements ideas and opportunities to improve reliability and cost effectiveness
- Supports the development of project justifications (DMFs) to addresses plant needs and opportunities for improvement
- Utilizes reliability tools and technology to resolve equipment reliability issues
- Develops scopes of work and strategies for our critical equipment in a way that improves MTBF through condition-based monitoring, inspection, and testing
- Project execution and turnarounds may require weekend and evening hours for support
- Physical requirements include climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing, or utility industry
- Ability to understand and interpret site Mechanical Prints, Schematics, P&IDs
- Working knowledge of industry standards codes, and best practices
What Will Put You Ahead
- Project Management Experience or interest in CapEx project management
- Experience supporting teams in a project environment, FEL project work practices
- Experience with HTRI, Caesar, PV Elite
- Working knowledge of reliability best practices such as PPM, development of equipment PMs, RCFA, FMEA, RCM, Cause Mapping, in implementing effective reliability strategies
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC dentification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.