Georgia-Pacific’s Alabama River Cellulose mill has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer is responsible for supporting the GP Alabama River mill through design, troubleshooting, project management and guidance, technological standardization and innovation, maintenance strategies, and energy efficiency activities. Involvement includes project scope development, project estimating, project review and management, design, and implementation. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work individually or with a team to develop the scope and appropriation grade cost estimates for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects and participate in justification of projects, specification reviews, drawing reviews, safety reviews, and other project document reviews
- Provide detail design or support and provide technical assistance to operations, purchasing and construction management in solving both urgent and long-term issues, with focus on mill’s asset reliability and sustainability
- Work will involve project management for managing project teams, engineering resources, contractors, schedules, scope development, budgets, checkout, commissioning, start-up, and additional engineering/management activities as required
- Serve as a lead resource in this role in any of the three (3) operating areas of the mill – Fiberline, Utilities, and Product Unit
- Become proficient in the utilization of the GP tools for the execution of projects
- Effectively communicate with internal customers and leadership, external suppliers and vendors
- Work closely with other disciplines to develop all aspects of the design requirements for each project
- Provide pre- and post-startup assistance on projects to Maintenance and Operations to assure that all systems are functioning properly
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work occasional weekends and holidays and extended hours during annual or unit mill outages
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
- Project management experience in an industrial environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e., creating documents), Excel (i.e., creating/updating spreadsheets), and Outlook (i.e., scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Experience with Project Scheduling
- Experience in Reliability Engineering
GP Cellulose is a leading producer of high-quality fluff pulps, meeting the needs of the personal hygiene industry and disposable absorbent products manufacturers around the globe. We create real, long-term value in our business by anticipating our customers’ needs and working with them closely to help them achieve their business goals. Our Global Technical Service team is an important part of the company’s commitment to delivering real value to our customers. For more information about GP Cellulose, please visit http://www.gpcellulose.com.
With a workforce of approximately 420, the Alabama River Cellulose Mill is a nonunion facility situated in Perdue Hill, AL less just 15 miles from Monroeville, AL and less than 100 miles north of Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf