This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA is hiring for a Capital Project Manager in Orange, Tx. This position will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. This position is accountable for project planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. Projects generally range in size from $250K to $5MM.
We are seeking an individual who can manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, proactively remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage multiple capital projects using a phased approach that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, operations, construction, and vendors to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including scope selection, safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Effectively manage costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Develop comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Communicate capital project status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Utilize knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders
- Recognize opportunities for value creation and innovation in the project management work processes
- Infrequent turnarounds may require weekend and evening hours for project support
- Physical requirements include climbing ladders/stairs to elevated platforms
- Travel 10% as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or Construction Management
- Minimum of 5 years work experience (internships included) involving leading and coordinating projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience leading and coordinating teams in a project environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Refinery or Chemical plant in an Electrical / Instrument role
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering
- Project management work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.