This job posting is no longer active.
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, carpet fiber, and engineering polymer industries. The ideal candidate should have experience organizing maintaining or construction work groups, mentoring employees, monitoring their progress, ensuring quality and EHS compliance. Utilizing strong communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills, the successful candidate will be excited about guiding, training, and supporting their team members align with the Site Vision. The successful candidate will be people-centered, supportive, and flexible to get the most of their team. You should also be a natural leader that’s focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver superior results.
- What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive a positive work environment, with a strong culture of teamwork across all groups. Ensure an environment that allows open reporting and prompt follow-up and resolution to employee concerns.
- Lead a team of approximately 20 tradespeople that fosters ownership for results, creative thinking, and risk taking that is aligned to the company's risk profile.
- Make the most efficient use of resources by providing input to prioritization, scheduling, operations, and execution including materials management, planning improvement, preventative maintenance upgrades and holding trades accountable for efficient execution.
- Provide technical & troubleshooting support to site tradespeople. Lead Root Cause Analysis and work with Reliability Engineers to develop sustainable solutions for equipment and systems failures.
- Develop skills within the team to identify root cause and take effective actions to resolve problems. Identify performance gaps and build improvement plans to enhance skill and capabilities within your team.
- Take full ownership of your teams results on critical manufacturing aspects such as EHS, quality, production, disciplined behaviors, an employee performance.
- As a member of the Integrated Operations Leadership Team, hold a shared accountability for the integrated direction, vision, policy, leadership and decision making of Kingston’s manufacturing operations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated initiative of a Principled Entrepreneur, who challenges the status quo, prioritizes based on risk and value, is solution-oriented, and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to use technology to get positive results
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Market Based Management®
- Post-secondary education in any technical or technology discipline
- Experience leading/supervising a manufacturing or operations team
- Experience leading through transformation initiatives
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Willingness to work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions.
- Willingness to support the 24/7 shift environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Previous experience supervising tradespeople responsible for maintaining equipment in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and practical knowledge of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, inspection, and repair techniques for a range of industrial equipment
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.
This job posting is no longer active.