Managing Director, Structured Capital & Credit
Koch Real Estate Investments sits within Koch Investment Group, the alternative asset investment arm of Koch Industries Inc, a global company with ~$120B in annual revenue. Koch Investment Group comprises a diverse set of investment capabilities and directives including private equity alternatives, venture and growth capital, and real estate.
The Managing Director will lead the team responsible for being a provider of scaled / flexible / unique structured capital solutions to real estate assets and operating platforms within Koch Real Estate Investments (“KREI”),the real estate investment arm of Koch Industries. The team’s responsibilities include originating, underwriting, and closing investments up and down the capital stack including investing preferred equity, financing acquisitions, recapitalizations, development projects, real estate operating companies, and public and private REITS. As part of the strategy, the team leverages the knowledge of KREI and Koch Industries various businesses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
This position will report directly to the leader of Koch Real Estate Investments and be located Dallas, Texas
- Lead a deal team responsible for financial modeling, diligence, and internal memo preparation for the structured capital and credit strategy of Koch Real Estate Investments
- Source and assess new investment opportunities by establishing trusted industry contacts, performing qualitative and quantitative analysis as required, and maintaining current and prospective manager database.
- Work alongside KREI leader and investment committee to develop the de novo structured capital strategy and business plan.
- Proactive research and communication with industry contacts, etc. with an agnostic lens to geography, capital position, product type and ownership structure.
- Lead complex, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to investment committee with a deal level recommendation.
- Work with business leaders to constantly refine business vision and opportunity set
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of the real estate industry and global capital markets by monitoring current financial publications, as well as leveraging personal contacts with outside research/industry professionals and conducting ad hoc research as necessary.
The Experience You Will Bring
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to lead and manage a growing capability
- Self-starter, highly focused with ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative with ability to think outside the box
- Integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- 7 + years of experience in real estate investment banking, real estate private equity, or real estate debt origination
- Transaction experience on public and private REITS, real estate operating businesses, and credit origination
- Hands on transactional due diligence experience
- Deep understanding of capital markets and structuring complex real estate securities
- Experience in preparing operating memorandums and/or detailed valuation presentations
- Bachelor's degree
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Real Estate Finance
- 10+ years of real estate underwriting and transactional experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf