Mechanical Engineer – Structural Design
We are seeking an experienced and commercially minded Mechanical Engineer – Structural Design. You should have a mechanical engineering degree or HND and some years of relevant experience in structural design. Our process systems are destined for offshore oil and gas / chemical industry customers worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Process skid modules and modular towers.
- Process equipment structural towers for site assembly.
- To work closely with process, piping teams to provide preliminary design input to allow equipment structural models to be developed by our CAD design team. This input will take account of project specifications, design codes, client instructions and process information.
- You will carry out detailed structural analysis of the preliminary models and feedback design changes to CAD in a timely way to allow models to be fully developed. The outputs from your analysis will be compiled for internal check and subsequent review by third party and client engineers.
- You will use the latest design software and you will be encouraged to learn, develop and innovate in these areas to keep Eta at the forefront in technology and to maximise the benefits of integrated design.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with Staad Pro structural design software is essential.
- Qualified to mechanical engineering degree or HND and some years of relevant experience in structural design.
- Appreciation/basic knowledge of supplementary international design standards for onshore and offshore structures such as DNV, Norsok, ASCE, UBC, AWS, ASME/ANSI B16.5, ASME IX etc is expected.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- designing or reviewing pipe stress calculations using Caesar II
- pressure vessel design using PV Elite.