KDT Investment Director, Healthcare
New visions. New strategies. New products. Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. We’re dedicated to investing in emerging high-growth technologies across a range of industries. We focus on investments that improve Koch’s core capabilities as well as those that create entire new platforms poised to change society for the better. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) is seeking a Director who will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and completing new financial investments in high potential companies across the healthcare spectrum. This role can be based in Denver, Colorado or Wichita, Kansas.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Origination and external networking: by enhancing KDT’s healthcare relationship network and furtherdeveloping existing and new relationships that will generate attractive investment opportunities and deepen KDT’s brand
- Point of view (POV) enhancement: Work with KDT and the entire Koch Investment Group (KIG) team to continually upgrade and refine KDT/KIG point of view capability to efficiently identify and analyze healthcare sectors for quality, fit and portfolio risk optimization
- Opportunity screening: Effectively frame-up new investment opportunities, and continually upgrading KDT’s investment screening framework; expand industry and market knowledge to efficiently evaluate investments across a broad number of healthcare sectors
- Diligence process management: Apply internal and external resources to perform due diligence with integrity, efficiency, certainty, and confidentiality; support deal structuring with tailored solutions competitive with a customer’s alternatives
- Decision Making Framework: Ensure timely and high-quality decision framing; seek alignment with the risk profile of KIG senior management and KII shareholders
- Scientific method and historical deal learnings: Develop and own the knowledge systems that facilitate learning and continuous improvement in KDT’s operating capabilities (e.g., transaction structuring and diligence, option thinking, etc.)
- Portfolio management: Understand and measure key business drivers and business performance relative to market. Monitor the company’s performance including “right-to-operate” areas. As appropriate, optimize board meeting involvement by driving necessary strategic changes to business model, commercial strategies, and building in optionality. Develop strong capability in assessing leadership talent.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educational background in sciences like biology, chemistry, or related medical sciences
- Meaningful experience in corporate business development or similar roles like M&A, private equity, investment banking, venture capital, or related investment experience
- Existing healthcare network (investors, thought leaders, subject matter experts, etc.) to provide insight into the latest transformational opportunities in healthcare
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Colorado Posting Guidance: For this role, we anticipate paying $175K- $300K per year. This role is eligible for variable pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf