Product Engineering Manager - Core Components
Product Engineering Manager - Core Components
Molex makes a connected world possible, by working together as a global team to enable technology that transforms the future and improves people's lives. We, the Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS) Networking group, develop high-speed connector and cable assemblies to support current and future automotive electrical architectures for all global OEMs.
Our products are continually getting faster, smaller, and more complex with every evolution. To ensure that product performance is consistently best in class, and improvements are captured and passed on to future products, we are expanding our product development team.
As a Product Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Product Development Engineers (PDE) focused on developing, validating, and releasing new terminal, connector, and cable assembly systems for all Molex automotive high-speed / multi-Gig connection systems.
What You Will Do in Your Role
- Work with leadership to develop team vision in support of CMS Networking business segment objectives.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other Product Development, Subject Matter Expert, and cross functional groups.
- Identify key roles required for team success.
- Attract, mentor, and retain high-performing employees
- Complete performance reviews
- Mentor PDEs through the following Molex New Product Development Process (NPD) activities:
Concept Design and Development
- Creation of presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
- Creation of product documentation in compliance with Molex documentation standards.
- Development and update of Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) to ensure requirements are aligned with voice of customers (VoC) and all potential product failures mechanisms are identified and mitigated.
- Leading engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
Design Verification & Product Validation
- Development of design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
- Disposition of manufactured components.
- Test activity monitoring for compliance to test methods.
- Internal & customer problem solving activities.
- Maintaining feedback loop with technologies development group to ensure design standards include latest problem solutions.
The Experience You Will Bring
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical degree or experience
- Experience in an engineering supervisory role
- Curiosity: Deep desire to investigate and gather information on novel and complex subjects
- Attention to Detail: Precise and thorough care about minute details
- Decisiveness: Makes timely and effective decisions, often with limited information
- Adaptability: Quickly adjusts decisions based on changing conditions or new information
- Good Communicator: Conveys complex technical concepts clearly and concisely, and is receptive and responsive to others' input
- Leadership: Mentors and motivates high-performing team members as well as addresses under-performing employees
What Will Put You Ahead:
Experience with developing electrical terminals, connectors, and cable assemblies for high-speed automotive applications
Proficient with use of the following tools:
- Product Documentation: 2D/3D CAD, GD&T, DVP&R, PLM
- Predictive Analysis: Variation Analysis, Numerical Simulation, DFMEA, Problem Solving Methodology
- Observation: Statistical Analysis, XPS, SEM, Profilometer, Digital Image Correlation
- Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, Visio
Molex, Incorporated is an E-verified employer, and provides visa sponsorship to highly qualified employees. Relocation assistance may be available.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com