Optical Process Engineer - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Bridgewater, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support next generation optical networks and 5G Networks.
We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to take ownership of technically challenging processes and contribute to overall module design. This person will work alongside highly capable and collaborative partners across scientific and engineering disciplines. This person will bring value by understanding process design and development for new products involving complex optical alignments and optomechanical assemblies.
We offer a flexible work environment to allow employees to work from home on a weekly basis.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for developing and improving manual and automated assembly and test processes such as optical alignment and bonding
- Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes and process improvements throughout product life cycle
- Review existing processes and enhance them to improve yield, cycle time and quality
- Create assembly instructions, process documentation, preventative maintenance plans, and control plans
- Train, certify, and audit technicians and operators to process documentation
- Monitor process performance using tools such as statistical process control (SPC)
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to optical assembly processes in the design phase working with optical design and reliability teams
- Support production line moves and/or new product introduction by coordinating quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development
- Support year over year cycle time reductions
- Develop, create and manage Bill of Material (BOM) changes and support ongoing maintenance and accuracy in cooperation with other functions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience manufacturing of optical component/sub-system manufacturing or a related components
- Experience testing optical components
- Experience with optical performance parameters such as: Bandwidth, IL, PDL, PMD, CD, Ripple or specification sensitivity and interdependencies
- Experience with a variety of optical test and measurement equipment such as: OSAs, polarization controllers, interferometers, TLS and/or ASE.
- Experience with optical alignment and coupling, beam propagation rules and/or polarization optics
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with DFM/DFT
- Masters or PhD highly desired
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques using modeling tools such as Minitab.
- DWDM experience
- Six Sigma
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com