Sr. Software Developer
At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
Our family of products provide customers with a simple, scalable solution to configure, manage and monitor their automation needs. Along with a focus on simplifying the day-to-day of the world of automation, we have a laser focus on data privacy, software & system security. We are hiring for multiple positions in either front end, back end or full stack development.
This opportunity is eligible for hybrid or remote work arrangements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Architect, design and implement new customer-facing features for Molex’s Industry 4.0 SaaS suite
- Work closely with system architects to ensure services conform to target architecture
- Design and develop high quality, maintainable, and testable code
- Drive technical priorities for overall back-end architecture, as well as technical debt prioritization
- Support and coach team members; provide guidelines, best practices and training to other individuals
- Collaborate with other technical leads and product owners to gather, evaluate and prioritize project requirements
- Apply agile development practices in a Scrum framework
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- +6 years of software engineering/programming work experience
- Solid understanding and working experience with Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Working experience with databases (relational or non-relational) including ORMs
- Experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Working experience with version control systems preferably Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management level
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in developing web-based/desktop based Engineering Tools/Applications for Industrial Automation domain
- Experience with IoT technologies/Industrial communications
- An understanding of containerization, docker, and orchestration frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with web-based UI development and single page applications
If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQs at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.