You know us already! We make Brawny® paper towels; Dixie® paper cups and plates; Angel Soft® bath tissue; enMotion® paper towel dispensers, DensGlass® gypsum board and Plytanium® plywood you see in your big box home improvement stores and much more! We employ about 35,000 people who want to make a positive difference in today’s world by creating real long-term value for our customers.
We have an opportunity on the Data Science team at Georgia-Pacific’s Collaboration & Support Center, located in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join a team of Data Scientists to focus on providing support and solutions to our manufacturing operations. Working closely with business partners and engineers, the Data Scientists support operations through development and deployment of useful and scalable statistical, machine learning, and deep learning models that make our facilities safe, efficient, and optimal.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Analytics Project Ownership: Own all aspects of analytics projects from start to finish – pursuing innovative ideas, developing models, uncovering, communicating actionable insights, and implementing solutions to capture value.
- Works with various engineering teams, owns end-to-end solution development and scaling focused on Operations (manufacturing) challenges.
- Partnership: Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners to enable improved decision making.
- Focus needs to remain on building minimum viable product towards solving majority of the issue instead of “perfecting” the solution, unless critical to safety.
- Ability to operate independently and self-manage
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a field related to data science such as Mathematics or Business Analytics or Statistics or Computer Science or Engineering or Data Science.
- 2+ years of experience creatively applying machine learning, outside of academic datasets, using a formal programming language (Python or R or SAS)
- Experience in data science that encompass having models deployed to production with successful outcomes for users
- Experience with unsupervised and supervised machine learning
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, and modeling time series data in both SAS and open-source technologies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's Degree or higher in a field related to data science such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or Business Analytics.
- Experience in SAS Code for the purpose of statistics or machine learning
- Experience manipulating data, computing, memory, optimization; experience with cloud computing (AWS)
- Experience with SAS Event Stream Processing
- Experience working with Manufacturing Operations
- Experience working with loT
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf