DIRECTOR - DATA MANAGEMENT
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Director of Data Management to serve as the capability leader for the Building Products (BP) segment. Our vision for this capability is to enhance BP’s data literacy, improve our confidence in and utility of our data, and accelerate our ability to capture value for key transformation initiatives. Building Products is still in the early stages of building a mature data management practice, but there is significant business leadership support for this critical capability. BP is implementing a Digital Core that includes an (ERP) transformation in the next 12 months, increasing both the need and support for effective Data Management. The BP Data Management capability is a business aligned function and reports to Senior BP leadership.
Successful candidates will have a track record of building strong partnerships with both business and technology stakeholders, leading matrixed teams, teaching key data concepts, and executing large cross-capability initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Enhance existing BP Data strategy and gain alignment with key business and IT leaders
- Drive the successful completion of BP’s Data Assessment and Remediation projects
- Collaborate with Business Data subject matter experts (SME’s) to identify critical data elements (CDE’s) necessary for BP’s Digital Core transformation (i.e. ERP readiness)
- Assess data quality and recommend standardization and remediation plans for CDE’s, coordinating with key Data SME’s and Data owners
- Lead and manage external partners as needed to achieve data quality outcomes
- Establish and maintain an effective BP Data Governance process
- Coordinate with GP Enterprise Data Management to implement standard data taxonomies and tools (e.g. metadata mgt, data profiling, and MDM solutions)
- Develop and facilitate an effective BP Data governance model
- Lead a team of GP Data Management Analysts as a player/coach and assess capability resource needs (establish point of view on team size, external augmentation, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience defining problems, gathering data, establishing & recommending alternatives, executing
- Experience leading and developing high performing technical teams
- Demonstrated application of core Data Management principles with limited supervision: Metadata Management, Data Quality Management, Data Stewardship, Data Change Management, Data Governance, and Master/Reference Data Management
What Will Put You Ahead
- Candidate should be comfortable identifying and resolving ambiguous situations and making important decisions with incomplete information
- Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain Management business knowledge
- ERP implementation experience
- Experience with technical data modeling and architectural concepts
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf