At INVISTA, we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics, and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. Since the 1930s, nylon has become an essential part of everyday life. It’s integrated into your clothing, your shoelaces, your carpet and even the air bags that keep you safe. Our nylon products start with the chemical intermediates we produce – think “ingredients” – like adiponitrile (ADN), hexamethylene diamine (HMD) and adipic acid (AA) that help make modern-day clothing, and modern-day life, possible.
We're looking for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer to join our team at the Seaford, Delaware Plant. This person accepts ownership for the Mechanical Integrity and Reliability of the site’s mechanical equipment such as hydraulic systems, rotating equipment, pressure vessels, boilers, piping systems, pressure relief safety devices, and various process equipment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Owner of the Compliance System for the Site Mechanical integrity Inspection Program
- Integrates best maintenance technologies into predictive, preventive, and condition-based maintenance programs
- Supports and leads capital and expense improvement projects
- Provides engineering support for capital and expense projects
- Provides engineering support to Maintenance and Operations (troubleshooting, problem solving, cost estimating and implementation of mechanical design solutions)
- Reviews vibration analysis report and provide recommendations
- Reviews and approves Mechanical Prints, Schematics, P&IDs
- Provides leadership, coaching and collaboration in the RCA process with operators, maintenance mechanics, technicians, engineers, and site leadership
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements ideas to improve reliability and cost effectiveness
- Supports the development of project justifications (DMFs) to addresses plant needs and opportunities for improvement
- Utilizes reliability tools to resolve process and equipment availability issues
- Develops scopes of work and strategies for our critical equipment in a way that improves MTBF through condition-based monitoring, inspection, and testing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience working in chemical, petrochemical, manufacturing, or utility industry
- Solid belief in safety, regulatory compliance, and personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to understand and interpret site Mechanical Prints, Schematics, P&IDs
- Working knowledge of industry standards codes, and best practices
- Working knowledge of reliability best practices such as PPM, development of equipment PMs, RCFA, FMEA, RCM, Cause Mapping, in implementing effective reliability strategies
- Proven troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License
- Familiar with working in CMMS (i.e.: SAP)
- Project Management Experience - leading reliability teams, programs, and projects
- Experience applying statistical tools to data analysis to identify "Bad Actor" equipment (i.e.: Reliability Modeling, Root Cause Analysis, Weibull analysis, RCM)
- Experience using MicroStation/CAD
- Must be able to climb scaffolds, ladders, and stairs to access equipment
- Ability to enter/move about in confined spaces
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions if needed
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf