Architectural Design Manager
As an Architectural Design Manager, you will develop relationships with essential stakeholders, including indirect clients (e.g. Architects, Façade Consultants, and Developers) in order to create virtuous cycles of mutual benefit. The ADM is expected to deploy the segment service model (i.e. Architects, Cladders, Processors) to approach the market, constantly looking for new leads. This entails actively engaging in the earliest stages of the sales lifecycle, i.e. from the project identification, schematic design and development until the construction document. The ADM will support AME region.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Track the most recent market intelligence information about key regional client accounts (largest developers/investors, architects and cladders).
- Define a priority plan including the key players of the industry within the region and expand business network while maintaining existing relationships.
- Identify construction projects in the inception phase and gather information about the players involved (e.g. General Contractor, Owner, Cladder, Architect) and assess the scope of the project (e.g. product type – standard/non-standard, volume and future potential of the account).
- Contact and offer to collaborate with Architects to qualify the project by determining its scope: product type (value added product or standard) and value (#ofm2).
- Collaborate with Architects to draft glass specifications and validating them for the projects identified by:
a) Supporting Architects in solving potential technical process, by involving Technical Supports Team or 3rd party experts.
b) Requesting and overseeing samples delivery.
c) Exchange in specifications and drawings process of each aspect of the project, resulting in final design ready for bidding.
- Identify the General Contractor bidding for the project and the relationship they have with potential Cladders.
- Monitor the conversion rate for the leads transferred to the Territory Sales Management team.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's / master's degree in a relevant field (business, engineering, architecture) or relevant work-related experience.
- Proven sales experience in the B2B environment, preferably within the building material industry in cooperation with architects and aluminum contractors (Glass/Façade preferred).
- Strong and effective communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation.
- Project Management, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter mindset, entrepreneurial spirit able to work in a team environment to support the business and strategic goals.
- Fluent in English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Sales experience and technical expertise in coated Glass products and aluminum systems construction
- Strong technical knowledge in the glass industry and technologies.
- Comfortable reviewing architectural plans and details.
- Understanding of the project specification process and curtain-wall construction practices.
- Self-starter mindset, entrepreneurial spirit able to work in a team environment to support the business and strategic goal.
Guardian Glass is one of the largest glass producers and innovators in the world. We've been working with glass since 1932, and yet the limitless potential of this amazing material still fascinates and inspires us every day.
We operate across five continents and serve over 160 countries. Working closely with clients and partners at a global, regional, and local level to apply glass innovation across a hugely diverse range of projects.