Supplier Quality Engineer
SRG Global, a Guardian company, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high value coatings on plastic for the automotive and commercial truck industries with a manufacturing presence in major world regions including North America, Western and Central Europe and Asia. SRG Global is headquartered in Troy, Michigan. Through its Advanced Development Centers in Taylor MI, USA; Líria, Spain; and Suzhou, China. SRG Global works to enhance manufacturing processes and accelerates development and delivery of the next generation of materials, coating technologies and sub-systems. SRG Global engineers’ solutions globally for greater surface durability, structural integrity, enhanced functionality, vehicle efficiency and optimal design flexibility. The result is the development of innovative exterior and interior products and processes that create value for our customers and consumers and create a positive impact in our environment and society. Beyond the finish™. Learn more about us at www.srgglobal.com .
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a Supplier Quality Engineer for the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) group you will be responsible for driving improvement within our supply base. The Supplier Quality group is supporting SRG Global programs, with the latest goal of building preferred partnerships with suppliers and ensure the components fulfilling specification in order to reduce the impact of the purchased materials in our Programs, Operations and Customers.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Mitigate the risk of purchased materials through the PPAP approval process during development phase
- Mitigate the risk of new supplier on-boarding and under-performance suppliers through the Audit process
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience with Quality activities (valuable, with Supplier Quality activities)
- B.S. Degree in a related business or technical discipline
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience/knowledge in molding, painting and chrome plating plastic parts is a plus
- Understanding of GD&T and control of Key characteristics
- Training for AIAG core tools (PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP), formal training is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving techniques as 8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa diagrams
- Extensive experience with conducting quality audits. Training and Certification on VDA 6.3 auditing principles is a plus
- Multi-lingual capability’s, specifically Spanish, is a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf