Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Execute disciplined Advanced Quality Planning and validation of our products & processes: being key participant for all APQP Gates; attending Cross Functional Team Program meetings
- Lead the assessment of critical outcomes to promote quick risk identification, communication & mitigation, from product and process development to execution
- Lead the systematic completion of core Advanced Product Quality Planning [APQP] tasks and staged Initial Process Signoffs [iPSO], for robust product & process development and validation
- Lead problem solving & escalation activities throughout the development phases, guiding the team though the application of core quality tools (8D, SPC, Ishikawa, 5 Why, etc.)
- Provide the team with a well-informed, accurate POV on Customer APQP requirements & Standards to ensure customer requirements are understood and fulfilled throughout the APQP Process
- Drive continuous improvement in our products and processes by challenging the status quo and eliminating non-value add activities
- Travel and work remotely up to 40% of the time
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing or Program Development role
- Experience using automotive quality tools, (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, DOEs, MSA, LPAs, Control Plan, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of all Quality Deliverables
- Experience using Program Management concepts (including critical path, Gantt Charts)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the automotive sector
- Injection Molding, Painting, Plating, and Assembly Cell Development experience / knowledge in a production environment.
- Experience building a strong APQP team focused on a common vison, with collective sense of urgency and accountability
- Experience collecting and analyzing data to make or influence win-win decisions
This role is not supporting visa sponsorship at this time.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf