Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you dedicated to safety? If so, Georgia-Pacific is now hiring Machine Operator at our Kansas City, MO corrugated packaging facility! Our Machine Operators work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. We work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy non-climate controlled industrial environment. Our current openings are on 2nd and 3rd shift.
We're looking to fill our teams on 2nd shift (3pm - 11pm) and 3rd shift (11pm - 7am). The starting pay is $19.48 per hour with the opportunity to make up to $26 per hour. These entry-level hourly positions will learn how to safely operate corrugated production equipment while maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
Georgia-Pacific in Kansas City, MO is one of the leading corrugated box plants and a part of Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging division. We specialize in the conversion of corrugated sheets into corrugated brown boxes for consumer’s everyday use. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months or more of continuous work experience OR High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience with preventive or predictive maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Experience operating a motorized forklift or clamp truck
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com