Maintenance Millwright I
Maintenance Millwright I
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright I in Emporia, Va. Starting pay for this role is $28.67 per hour plus OT and benefits . Are you self-motivated and enthusiastic with a passion for maintenance? Then we have the job for you! This role creates value by ensuring machine reliability through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance techniques on industrial plant equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity, and we are very interested in learning about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Ability to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing company with a focus on mechanical and reliability maintenance
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance Technology or similar program
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience in precision maintenance practices such as lubrication, alignment techniques, and precision measuring
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com