Analyst, Import Planning
The Analyst / Senior Analyst -Planner balances supply with demand into the designated supply chain hub by maintaining a healthy inventory level and keep excess stock to a minimum. He/she will choose the most cost-effective mode of transportation from manufacturing entities and he/she ensures on-time delivery into the supply chain hub to meet customer demand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customer demand is accurately translated to MLX and non-MLX manufacturing plants via purchase documents.
- To process all expedite requests sent by customer service and actively follow up with the manufacturing plants to assure customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the expedite process between customer service and the Molex manufacturing plants.
- To monitor and control all aspects of the purchase document backlog, i.e. overdue, reschedules, unscheduled, substitutions/replacements, returns to ensure MD04 is as clean as possible
- To manage the supply delivery performance of Molex manufacturing plants and external vendors.
- To support the allocation process in cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor key performance indicators and take appropriate actions required to meet set targets.
- Undertake other duties as requested by Management, which within the competence of the Post Holder
- Support the periodic review of inventory strategies and of demand planning selection
- Support continuous improvement processes and automation projects
- Review the safety stock and VSFB load (forecast) as suggested by S&OP and will challenge S&OP teams when suggestions are not in line with actual numbers.
- Works with Sales and Product Managers on various order issues such as promising, delivery dates, cancellations, and returns. Assists sales in determining standard pack and minimum order quantities for parts
- Manage slow and excess or obsolete material
- Provides data, analysis, reports, etc. to management as requested
- Provide training to trainees and to the set expectations
- Participate and Contribute to the development of GSC CoE with creative and innovative ideas
SCOPE: Position holder will be a member of the Global Planning team
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Ability to write and communicate in English Language effectively.
- APICS or related Supply Chain Certifications.
- Additional Language Skills (e.g. Mandarin, Japanese, German…)
REQUIRED: 2+ years of experience in global planning, scheduling, purchasing materials requirement or supply chain in SAP environment. Exposure to planning strategies and GS&OP.
PREFERRED: Hands on experience on analytic tools BW, Every Angle, Power BI etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Be self-assured and an organized approach as she/he will be expected to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Good organization skills and the ability to work across different functions and divisions
- Proven to be able to apply economic and critical thinking skills within your daily job and have an analytical mindset with data mining capabilities.
- Previous MRP software experience, SAP ECC/BW
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good listener
- Very good SAP and Excel knowledge is required
- Good Presentation skills & cross-cultural traits.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Detail Oriented, able to anticipate problems and diffuse situations.
- A self-motivated individual who can successfully manage and prioritize own workload with minimal supervision
Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace