Entry Level Production Operator
Georgia-Pacific Cedar Springs, GA is looking for a Production Operators with one or more years of industry experience. Our Production Operator roles provide excellent learning and advancement opportunities in the areas of automation, technology, equipment operations and controls systems. Bringing your background in computer and handheld devices (yes, even your phone can count!) will help you in growing towards increased wage opportunities.
We are looking for individuals who are open-minded with a thirst for knowledge and a willingness to work safely in our high-volume manufacturing facility. Our Cedar Springs Operations is one of the largest integrated facilities in the country and we can offer you work in various roles after you complete your initial orientation period.
Career growth is not all we offer – Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, Health Savings accounts with company matching, 401K with company match, pension programs, education reimbursement, paid vacation, rotating shifts, and paid training are also offered to every employee at Georgia-Pacific.
We are excited to announce that we are growing, apply now to join our team!
Our Operators work a rotating Southern Swing Shift which is a 8 hour rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
The starting pay for this position is $20.00 per hour and comes with a $1,000 sign on bonus!
What Will You Do In Your Role
- Operating heavy and mobile equipment in various environments
- Working in a team environment to assist production crew members in operations segments
- Monitoring process variables to maintain efficient process operations and meet department quality, cost, and production goals
- Performing equipment cleanup and operator care including minor maintenance tasks to ensure a safe and orderly workspace
- Performing repetitive tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for extended periods of time, in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment – this may also include working in high and/or confined spaces
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) or more years of combined experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, industrial warehouse, military, production, or manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computer to include utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating a lift truck with multiple attachments; fork, clamp, bale, etc.
- Experience operating heavy equipment in a manufacturing or production environment
- Two (2) year technical degree in Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Manufacturing, or an Industrial Technician Certification
- A minimum of one year of experience in any of the following: Water treatment facility operator, Chemical facility operator, Power generation experience, Woodyard or Lumber facility experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com